Asbestos Testing and Asbestos Removal in Kansas City
Asbestos testing must be performed prior to the start of renovation and demolition projects in accordance with state and federal regulations that govern asbestos inspection, removal, and disposal. The use of asbestos has still not been completely banned and was once used in more than 3,000 consumer products, some of which may still be present in your older home or property. Luckily, Titan is one of the most trusted names in the industry, providing clients with expert asbestos testing and asbestos removal services in Kansas City. Our team of expert employees has decades’ worth of experience and knowledge required to lawfully, safely, and effectively remove this harmful carcinogen from your home or property so you can have peace of mind knowing you, your family and employees are protected.
Asbestos Testing and Management Services
- Testing and Inspections for Residential, Commercial and Industrial Properties
- Abatement Project Specs/Work Plans and Drawings
- Abatement Project Regulatory Oversight and Management
- Abatement Project Air Monitoring and On-site Sample Analysis
- Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Programs and Training
Asbestos Removal and Restoration Services
- Asbestos Removal in Residential, Commercial and Industrial Properties
- Emergency Response Asbestos Repair, Removal and Clean-Up
- Full Interior Demolition in conjunction w/ Asbestos Removal Services
- Complete Material Build-Back, Restoration and Renovation.
What Is Asbestos?
Asbestos refers to a set of six different silicate minerals. These minerals occur naturally in the environment as thin, flexible, and strong fibers. On top of their durability, they are also fire, heat, electricity, corrosion, and chemically resistant. Because of this, asbestos was once believed to be an incredibly useful material for insulation and other commercial and industrial construction purposes. Unfortunately, asbestos is a dangerous carcinogen and can impose several health risks, such as mesothelioma and asbestosis. For this reason, it’s crucial to check your home or property for this harmful carcinogen and remove it if necessary with the aid of asbestos removal services in Kansas City.
How is Asbestos Dangerous?
Scientific studies have linked asbestos to several health diseases and illnesses. The danger occurs when the fibers are absorbed into the body, either via inhalation or ingestion. In this case, asbestos fibers can get trapped in organs (e.g. lungs) and their lining. Over time, this accumulation of asbestos may irritate, inflame, and scar the tissue, or in the worst case, cause cancer. For this reason, asbestos has officially been classified as a carcinogen.
The list of known cancers, illnesses, and diseases associated with asbestos includes:
- Lung cancer
- Laryngeal cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Pleural thickening
- Pleural plaques
- Pleural effusions
Frequently Asked Questions About Asbestos
- What is asbestos?
- How does asbestos affect my health?
- Do I need asbestos testing before I remodel my home?
- How much does asbestos testing cost?
- What year was asbestos banned?
- Are there still products being sold that contain asbestos?
- Can I remove asbestos myself?
Call Titan Kansas City today at 913-432-5500 to get answers to all these questions or schedule testing or an appointment for a free estimate.
Let Titan’s team of restoration professionals return your indoor space to a healthy and happy place!