Mold is a tricky thing to remove from your home. Many times, homeowners clean up the mold they see but don’t realize that there is mold hidden behind walls and floors or in dark places like the basement or attic.
Or they clean up the mold, but don’t eliminate the cause of the moisture.
In either case, it’s highly likely that hidden mold will spread.
Hidden Mold Spreading Means DIY Cleanup Did Not Eliminate the Problem
Hidden mold is the mold that you can’t see that returns to the same place when given time to grow. Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it’s not there. It will be back if proper cleanup methods are not followed.
When to Look for Signs of Mold Growth
All mold growth can lead to minor health issues such as headaches, a stuffy nose and sore throat, or as serious as a lung infection. Some types are very dangerous like black mold. So, how can you determine when you should suspect mold growth?
- Actually seeing the mold on walls, floors, etc.
- The scent of mold even if you can’t see it
- Recent water damage such as a burst water pipe, flooding, or condensation.
Steps for Mold Removal
If you notice any areas in your home that are showing the signs of mold, you should call a professional to make sure it is properly and thoroughly removed.
- Hire a mold inspector. It is not enough to do a home test on your own as these tests aren’t always accurate. A professional can easily determine the type and extent of mold growth in your home. This can be expensive, but it is a necessary step.
- If mold is found, contact your insurance company to see if mold removal is included in your homeowner’s policy. You can use that information to hire an expert mold removal company which within your budget.
- Hire a professional mold removal company such as Titan Environmental Services to do the job effectively and efficiently. We have the necessary equipment to inspect, identify, and eliminate the problem. We can also give you suggestions to prevent growth such as ways to ventilate your home to avoid dampness, identify problem spots, or even how to make modifications to your house to enhance airflow.