Mold Inspection and Mold Removal in Kansas City
Mold inspection and mold removal require experienced professionals who understand the critical steps that must be taken to properly assess and remove mold contamination from your home or property. We understand how frustrating it can be to discover mold growth in your home or building, potentially causing health issues and property damage.
Titan is one of the most trusted names in the industry, providing clients with expert mold inspection and mold removal services in Kansas City.
Mold Inspection and Mold Testing Services
Our mold inspection team is highly experienced in locating potential sources of water and moisture damage, identifying the locations, amount, and types of mold growth, and assessing the indoor air quality of your home or property. Our services include:
- A Complete Visual Inspection of the Property and Surrounding Landscape,
- Use of a Thermal Imaging Camera and Moisture Meter to Moisture Map Problem Areas,
- Use of a Thermo-hygrometer to Measure Real-Time Temperature and Relative Humidity,
- Collection of Air, Surface or Bulk Samples to Determine Mold Type and Concentration,
- Creation of a Detailed Photo Log to Document Problem Areas,
- Generation of a Detailed Written Report with our Findings, Recommendations, and, if needed, IICRC Compliant Protocols and Best Practices for Proper Mold Removal.
Water Damage and Mold Removal Services
Do you have an emergency or just need a free visual inspection and mold removal estimate? It can be so aggravating to discover water intrusion and mold growth in your indoor living or work spaces, it can affect your health and cause significant property damage if left unchecked! Our services include:
- Emergency Water Extraction and Structural Drying
- Visual Mold Inspection, Moisture Mapping, and Water Damage Assessment
- Mold Remediation and Decontamination
- Mold, Moisture, and Humidity Control Management
- Complete Material Build-Back, Restoration, and Renovation
What is Mold?
Mold is a general term to describe a type of fungus. It’s a naturally occurring substance that can grow almost anywhere, especially in moist and damp areas. In the correct setting, these organisms are largely harmless and play an essential part in nature by breaking down decomposing matter.
Since mold is in our environment everywhere, all the time and is incredibly small in size, these microscopic spores can easily travel via airflow and settle into areas of your home or property, including crawlspaces, basements, floor and ceiling tiles, wood, walls, carpets, paint, drywall, and insulation. Unfortunately, these areas can provide just the right environment to encourage mold growth, meaning a single spore settling onto the material can often result in a large accumulation of fungi or mold growth.
Why is Mold Harmful?
Coming into contact with mold poses a series of health concerns. By inhaling or touching these spores, individuals can develop an allergic reaction ranging in severity. This reaction may include a rash, runny nose, irritated eyes, shortness of breath and trouble breathing, sneezing, dizziness, and headaches. Oftentimes, mold most harshly affects sensitive groups of people, including infants, the elderly, immunocompromised individuals, and those with impaired lungs.
Frequently asked questions about mold:
- What is mold and why does it occur?
- What types of mold are dangerous?
- Is testing for mold necessary?
- How much does a mold inspection cost?
- Can mold cause health problems?
- How can I prevent mold growth?
- Can I remove mold myself?
- Can I use bleach to kill mold?
- How much does mold removal cost?
Call Titan Kansas City today at 913-432-5500 to get answers to all these questions or schedule testing or an appointment for a free estimate.
Let Titan’s team of restoration professionals return your indoor space to a healthy and happy place!